Who are we?
An assortment of Christians from the Charnwood Forest area of Leicestershire, England. We are from a number of different church types ("Denominations") though some have no particular Church affiliation. Some have been Christians for many years while others have just started to explore the teachings of Christ. Our meetings, which are informal, include prayer and study of the Bible with discussions about our faith and how it informs our daily lives.
We have no written constitution and no explicit geographical limits!
Advent Bible Study
- 27th November at the Methodist Church, Woodhouse Eaves - leader Gary
- 4th December at St Leonard's Church, Swithland - leader David
- 11th December at the Baptist Church, Woodhouse Eaves - leader Gareth
- 18th December at the Methodist Church, Woodhouse Eaves - leader Hilary
all meetings at 7.00 p.m. for tea and coffee with a 7.30 p.m. Bible Study start.
We will be using "A Strange Christmas" by Krish Kandiah in the Cover To Cover series £5.99 direct from www.cwr.org.uk or from Amazon or your favourite Christian bookseller. All meetings at the usual time of 7.00p.m. for a 7.30p.m. start.
Epiphany Bible Study
- 8th January at the Baptist Church, Woodhouse Eaves
- 15th January at the Methodist Church, Woodhouse Eaves
- 22nd January at St Leonard's Church, Swithland
- 29th January at the Baptist Church, Woodhouse Eaves
- 5th February at the Methodist Church, Woodhouse Eaves
- 12th February at St Leonard's Church, Swithland
- 19th February at the Baptist Church, Woodhouse Eaves
- 26th February at the Methodist Church, Woodhouse Eaves
Join us in meeting the 'Unique Jesus' as we dig deep into the Gospels of Mark and Luke. Our Course book is 'Jesus the Reason' a Bible study from the Lifebuilder series. The course book is available direct from IVP or Amazon or your local Christian bookshop priced £4.99
The Lent Course will start on Tuesday 12th March and run every Tuesday until 16th April. Meeting Time as always 7.00 for 7.30p.m. Course material and venues to be advised.
Other forthcoming and regular events include:
Every Friday there is OPEN SPACE: All are warmly welcomed to drop in to “Open Space” at the Methodist Church, Woodhouse Eaves every Friday at anytime between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Come and find space to chat, think, read, pray, colour, knit….and drink tea or coffee of course!
Shrove Tuesday Lecture 2019: Faith and Politics in Practice
Prof. Clive Marsh will talk about how what we believe connects with how we vote.
March 5th 2019 at 7.00p.m. at the Baptist Church, Woodhouse Eaves
The 2018 lecture, by Rev Prof Frances Young OBE FBA, was video recorded and can be seen or downloaded - probably by right-clicking - here: The Historical Jesus and the Christ of Faith for today’s church.
To contact CITF, please email Gareth at Gareth.Ayling@omfmail.com or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to contact a local church please click on Church links.